Battletech Mercs Unleashed
Gunnery + 7 to hit the target hex, failure results in a scatter (1d6 same as facing after a fall)
If there is a friendly unit with LOS to the target hex they can provide feedback to the artillery crew reducing the TN by 1 each round unit it hits.
Once an artillery round has hit their targeted hex the initial to hit becomes + 5 to hit as long as the artillery remains stationary.
Reduce damage by 10 for each hex the shell lands away from its target (Long Tom’s 20 becomes 10 then 1) Group damage into 5 point groups and apply on the front table.
Smoke rounds and Flares last three rounds
Inferno rounds are same as Inferno SRMs
Thunder rounds are same as Thunder LRMs
Velocity is the translation of what the minimum straight movement of an ASF is to stay in the air. It is increased (or decreased) using thrust points, an ASF must always keep at least a velocity of one or it will stall out (requiring a control check and loss of one altitude). Therefore all atmospheric ASFs must spend a minimum or 2 thrust per turn to stay in the air.
Velocity | Movement (Fighter) | Movement (Dropship)
1 | 8 | 8
2 | 12 | 16
3 | 16 | 24
4 | 20 | 32
5 | 24 | 40
6 | 28 | 48
Much like piloting rolls on other vehicles a control check is used to keep an ASF operating normally. TW pg 93 for all details but basically Piloting + 2 to regain control + 1 for each problem.
Ground to Air Attack
_Range is measured based on the closest flight path hex plus two for each altitude an ASF is operating at. There are no minimum range penalties assessed when attacking ASFs.
Apply a + 3 target movement modifier regardless of how much thrust was expended unless the flight path is within one hex than only add a + 1 modifier, all attacks against aerospace add the angle of attack based on where the unit is based on the flight path.
Any non-aerospace unit firing at an aerospace unit may make no attacks on other ground units during that turn._
Air to Ground Attack
There are three types of Air to Ground attacks, Strafing, Striking, and Bombing an ASF can only make one of the three per round. All rapid fire weapons always fire at their full rates.
Strafing + 4, Striking + 2, and Bombing + 2
– The pilot can choose to fire any number of their weapons in 1 to 5 consecutive hexes along their flight path. All attacks are made using the + 4 modifier for every target in those hexes and every weapon firing. Anything that hits is removed from successive rolls.
– The pilot can choose to fire any number of weapons at a single target or ground hex.
– There are two types of bombing, level bombing and dive bombing
– At altitude 5 or lower an ASF can make a dive bombing attack dropping one or all of their bombs. Roll a to-hit for each bomb, failure means they scatter (as normal artillery).
– At any altitude and ASF can choose 10 consecutive hexes in a row, they may drop one but no more than two bombs in each hex. The pilot chooses which type is dropped along the way and makes the to-hit roll. Failure indicates that the bomb deviates along the forward hexes (1-2 front left, 3-4 front center, and 5-6 front right) 1d6 hexes away.
– All bombs split their damage into 5 point groups, roll 1d6 to see if the impact hex is hit on front or rear (1-3 front, 4-6 rear). An ASF or VTOL has one hardpoint per 5 tons of mass.